Saturday, March 14, 2009

Atwood Update!


Well I have always wanted to start a blog as a journal of our family and everything that is going on so that when family and friends wonder how we are doing they can just check out our blog. I wanted to do this quite awhile ago when Riley was born but that didn't happen.I want to start by giving you an update of our last year since I didn't have time to at Christmas.

This last year was quite busy. We had a baby April 17, 2008 and we named him Riley Jesse Atwood. Jesse worked all summer for Classic Landscaping at a Tree Farm 10 hours a day, 6 days a week and he also started school in September in the Landscape Architecture program at Nait. He is really enjoying this and can't wait to be finished. He also recently had surgery on a hernia in February and is finally getting better.I am now a stay at home mom and loving it. Riley really keeps me on my toes now that he can crawl and stand up against things.

I went back to school in October -December 2008 to finish my practicum for teaching so that I can graduate this June. Riley and I moved to Cardston for 2 months to live with my parents. He enjoyed being around his grandparents, great grandparents, aunts and uncles for awhile. We also had a flood in our basement 2 days before Christmas and we had to clean up the mess and move to a different place all in about 5 days. That was crazy but we are good and settled now hoping to move into a bigger house in the summer.

Riley is almost 11 months old. It is so crazy how fast he has grown up. He has learned how to sit, eat solid foods, finally take a bottle, say "mama, dada, bobba, and bye bye" and he waves. He is now crawling all over the place and standing up against things and is into everything, his favorite things are: unplugging the computer and TV cords, tearing and eating paper, playing with the phone and holding it up to his ear making noises as he does pretending to talk on it, playing with any toy that makes noise and sings especially his train, kitchen and basketball hoop, and watching "Baby Einstein" movies.

Here are some pictures showing how much Riley has grown in the last 11 months!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Robyn, nice to see you in the blogging community! Your little guy is such a cutie! They do grow up fast. If you want to add other peoples blogs to your site just click on their link, highlight and copy it and then go back to your blog and click on customize (top right corner) and there you can add a "gadget" where you can post different things on your blog, like a list of other peoples blogs. I hope I didn't confuse you. Anyhoo, we should exchange digits sometime so I can give you a call whenever I come into the city. It sure would be nice to see ya!

    ReplyDelete